Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2003, 01:06 AM   #1
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Lisman

*puff, puff, pant*

I had planned to type up some stuff on Lisman to put up here, but as it ends up I'll just start with the pantheon. Then, it turns out I'll just start with the good pantheon. Took me several days to finish this, so for the baddies, I'll probably just copy and paste what I already have. Anywho:

Quote:
First and Foremost, I shall tell of the Gods and faiths of Lisman. As for individual Orders, I will tell but little of them; if requested, I will do my very best to expound on any order/orders to the satisfaction of the reader (and be quite happy. I’d be quite glad to share more, I’m just trying to cut down on the boredom level . Above all else reigns Eltarn the All-powerful, the Elder God; Creator of Lisman, Father of the Gods, and Supreme Power. Twelve Children has he, and One who has turned from Him. Camras the Divine Knight is named first by the children of Mankind, though the Twelve were created with equal strength. Such virtues as Justice, Chivalry, and Law are attributed to him. Since the fall of the First Child, Camras has been the patron of those who fight against the forces of Evil. His name and His blade are invoked during battle; prayers to Him and to Eltarn are chanted to sanctify weapons of war. In mortal shape, he appears as an Archangel, with long golden hair, fair complexion, and great, majestic wings. His priests without fail believe strongly in battling against Evil; the great majority of them train in and practice the art of wielding weapons. Martial Orders have sprung up claiming Him as a patron deity, most noticeably the Crusaders and the Puritans, also called Exorcists. In a wedding of opposites, the spouse of Camras is Valtan, the Goddess of Mercy and of Life, as well as of Rebirth in the forms of the renewing of Spring and the newborn light of Dawn. It is said that during the Winter, the grasses, flowers, and trees, weary from the growth of a year, rest in her warm, sunny gardens, until they are grown strong again, when she begins to sing a song, and lead them back to their proper places. She appears as a young maiden of tanned complexion with deep, emerald green eyes and long hair of light brown; ivies and vines are often entwined about her limbs. Those who serve Her hold life to be sacred, and will flat out refuse to take part in any form of battle. The Phoenicians, who claim the Phoenix as their patron, as well as Valtan, are an exception; martial training is a requirement for their Order. Next, we come to Lutas, the Imparter of Doom. He is the Lord of Prophecy, as well as keras, a word in the Elder Tongue which has no equivalent in English. It conveys a concept that a fate is chosen for all, yet that they choose to accept or reject their fate, combining Fate or Freewill. Those who are chosen for a high Fate are said to have been struck or smitten with His staff, while it is believed that the Prophets are kissed on the forehead by Lutas; thus, they are often called “Fate-kissed”. The priests of his Order are often recorders and archivist of prophecies, as well as oracles at holy places and shrines (though let it be noted that these oracles are different from the Prophets). He is portrayed as a strongly built man with jet-black hair and beard, a streak of silver running just to the left (his) of the center of His beard. Next on this list is Eltaia, the Goddess of Joy and Delight. Those who are lovers of mirth and laughter render their prayers to Her, and She is often invoked in the less formal festivals and holidays. Thanks are given to Her for sensations of joy and elation. She is portrayed as a young maiden of pale complexion and grey eyes with long, golden hair cascading to the ground. Her twin sister is Ecanas, the Goddess of Love and Peace. Where Eltaia is lively and mirthful, Ecanas is serene and calm, with a sense of deeper happiness than the oft-wild joy of her sister. She is the patron Goddess of the love of wedded twain, as well as the love of friends, of brothers and sisters, and parents and children. Her blessing is invoked over weddings, births, alliances, and the like. In form, she is identical to her sister, save that her hair is dark as night, and her eyes deep blue. Ranwyl is the next God, and the Lord of Truth and Courage. The priests of his Orders are very learned in matters of discovering the truth and laying bare the deepest secret of the soul. On occasion, they may be called upon by the civil authorities to extricate the Truth of a matter from those believed to be withholding it. A number of the Orders of Ranwyl are militaristic orders, though by no means are they all. He is portrayed like a fair-skinned young man with bright blue eyes and long, white hair.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote