Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2003, 09:25 PM   #31
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

it had all the same levels? super mario bros for snes had 8 worlds and 4 levels in each world, isnt that more space than NES games could handle?

anyway, there is this new thing called the e-reader. You swipe cards with games on them through it and play them. Like trading cards. There are dots on them that contain games. Trading card games will probably start using this to enhance them , too bad i dont care for them anymore.

ANYWAY, the only reason i bring this up is because they also play CLASSIC NES games. So far there are about 10 of them out and they are sold is booster card fashion (in those little foil packs..these are like trading cards). They come 5 cards in a pack, you need to swipe all 5 cards through it and you can play it! The e-reader is a steep $40 - highly overpriced, but i paid it because i was curious about it. The good side is is that classic games only cost about $4.99 each at most stores that sell games. The whole thing is pretty neat, swipe cards and play classic games which are pretty cheap. They promise a lot more NES games coming out soon - three just yesterday were released.

I don't want to sound like the Nintendo Advertiser for gameboy, but I only talk about it because its the only system I have. Plus, this may interest classic video gamers (if you still don't have your systems). Why they couldn't just release these games cheaply on cartridges is beyond me, but oh well.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote