Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-24-2003, 08:03 AM   #11
Sween
im quite stupid

How have i managed to miss this thread for so long.

Now drinking is a serious persuit and there are many ways to do it.

My favorite beers are Jennings Old smoothy, Cumberland ale, and just plain old bitter not a fan of the sneck lifter really.

Out of the largers i do like fosters, henikein (just does not get you drunk....makes me very hungry though), not a great fan of carlberg which is a shame cos my locals just put it in, a pint of wife beater is very nice sometimes (stella), Groch is very nice out of a bottle.

As mentioned b4 im not a great fan of guiness ill drink it but i would rather not.

Out of the bottled beers Bud ice is a very clean and fresh and gopes down very nicely but none of the pubs sell it here, i find becks a bit raw a harsh, Bud (normal) i dont really like much.

I dont do spirts they take away the whole point of drinking (which is sitting there and enjoying it rather than downing it and not having anything to be poured over ya by a woman).

Now on a weekday i normally tend to stick to old smoothy (next time your in the lakes Coney have a pint very nice) nice manly drink with good taste goes down well and dont give me wind like a larger tends to do. On a weekend we tend to start early in the king fisher which is a robbinsons licened pub not keen on the beer they sell carling so its a couple of pints of that (in truth we go for the pool table and see gary the landlord) its not the best pint in there best bar lunchs in cockermouth though. After that we tend to head to the brown cow and depending how i feel i will have a fosters of a jenning bitter. then to mickeys (my fav pub) and onto the stella as we have reached the piont in the night were we have decided we need to get drunk becauses cockermouth aint that great. after 5 or 6 in there its down to many flectures for one and a bit of karokke then off to arean that sells fosters very nice pint of fosters in there btw depending how busy it is i may switch to bottles of fosters due to spillage issues!