Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2003, 03:04 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Well said Coney. And there is no doubt that there will be other political discussions on Entmoot. The closing of the "Iraq" thread does not imply a ban on political discussion or the discussion of Iraq. It was a way to stop the flames, and calm some tempers. All I have asked of everyone since its closure, is to have a cooling off period before any such discussion is brought back.
I'm calm. Can I open a new one now?
Quote:

I have taken a lot of heat for closing that thread, but I want everyone to understand that eventhough things may have seemed worse at other points in it, and it was allowed to remain open, there is a limit, and the last straw. You know, in most cases it is the conduct of the posters themselves that will determine the fate of a thread. In this case, it was IMO becoming explosive and off topic, and was no longer conducive to the discussion. In short, it was spinning out of control as it had before.
It did get out of a control for a little bit. And are you saying my conduct was bad? You know - the edited words in my posts on this thread make it seem like I said something a lot worse than I did. It leaves it up to the readers to try filling in the blanks. Someone else pointed that out too.
Quote:

I am sure that everyone's withdrawl will be short lived, and If any new discussions surface in the near future, that all will exercise more self-control, because the next time you know what will happen and that thread may not last for 55 pages, or even 10. That will be up to the participants, and I for one, do not wish to be on the other side of the fence as this last time.
I'm starting to get over the withdrawl - I can every now and then mention something about Iraq in one of the other threads. The Iraq thread had actually been dormant for about a month before it blew up.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-15-2003 at 03:09 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote