Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2001, 05:06 AM   #1
IronParrot

World Figure Skating Championships

If my memory serves me well, I'm not the only one here at this board who follows figure skating... so I thought I'd start this here...

Anyway, yes, the literal and figurative fall of Elvis Stojko was very disappointing. Canada has yet to produce a truly world-class female skater (Jennifer Robinson can't really compete with Michelle Kwan or them Russians)... on the upside, Canada finally has a world champion pairs team for the first time in decades, and Bourne and Kraatz seem like they're finally beginning to break the bronze medal jinx in ice dance.

And what about Todd Eldredge? I haven't watched all of today's men's free skate, but... second after the short? One hell of a comeback, I'd say...

(edit) Just saw Plushenko and Eldredge... my my, with those two and Elvis combined, I don't think there's been so much booing at the judges in recent memory.