Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2003, 12:33 PM   #11
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I do believe that there are some things in this world that definitely can be considered as magick, both natural, and unnatural. I think that the human body needs a type of release from the monotony of day to day life...it's called imagination and it's a God given gift. But there is other magick that is NOT God given and shouldn't really be messed with by humans who have no idea what it is and what they're doing. That includes trying to read the future. It's like reading ahead in a book. You're not concerned with the middle and what's happening THEN and NOW you're concerned with whats GOING to happen and that isn't healthy.
But I do believe in legends. Dragons, faeries, trolls, and all those other creatures that appear in ancient stories. There is always truth to a legend because history and archeological digs support them, like the Firbolgs. Firbolgs were the original creators of the faery mound and the faery raids because they would build hills and barrows for their leaders, but when their conquerers(the original Britons and Picts) overcame them the stories about faery mounds became truth because the Firbolgs would occasinally capture children and just dissapear, so the mounds became faery dwellings. And then there are dragons and unicorns. Anybody who says they dont or didn't exsist is crazy...even though the animals might've been dinosaurs and rhinocerouses.
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote