Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2003, 01:15 PM   #1
Eglantine Banks
Hobbit

Has TTT changed your opinion of FOTR?

Has seeing TTT changed the way you feel about FOTR? And has anybody watched FOTR since seeing TTT, and if so, has the experience of watching it changed in any way?

For me, the inadequacies of TTT emphasize what a great movie FOTR is. Now, seeing what an inferior job PJ & Co. did of making TTT, I am truly amazed and grateful at what a good job they did with FOTR. Although FOTR deviates from the book in many ways, I don't find any of the deviations from the book to be big enough or bothersome enough to prevent me from enjoying the movie, and there are only a couple of short scenes I don't like.

But, in my opinion, TTT as a film is far inferior to FOTR. Helm's Deep is a confusing, boring waste of time, the Ents are depicted poorly, Faramir is so wrong I want to cry. There are some great things in the movie (Gandalf/Balrog, Eowyn), but not enough for me to enjoy TTT the way I enjoyed FOTR. I'd say 95% of FOTR is great, but only about 33% of TTT.

I haven't gone back and watched FOTR but I feel a need for a FOTR fix coming on .... there are just so many compelling characters and scenes in FOTR, and in TTT there are so few.

Comments anyone?

-Eglantine (Pippin's Mom)
Eglantine Banks is offline   Reply With Quote