Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2003, 09:48 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Gimli

"Ah, Hruad!"

Brilindil noticed the man standing across the hall, talking to some white haired old woman. Another man was apparently also in the conversation.

Hruad glanced around in his direction, spotted him and waved. "I'll be with you in a moment!"

Brilindil started heading in his direction, Adrian close behind him. As they got nearer, they were able to hear a little of the conversation.

"I have my own place with those of the representatives that are present, so I'll be there, able to watch everything that happens."

"I will mingle with the others of the court, keeping a close place," the bland faced man said.

Brilindil reached them.

"Don't worry about me," the old woman said, glancing at Brilindil. "I will find a good place for myself to watch the parade."

"So what have you been up to, me dear fellow?" Brilindil asked, slapping him on the back. "Business associates?" he asked, motioning with a hand at the two retreating figures.

"Of a kind," Hruad answered.

"Adrian's companions hurried off too fast for me to catch 'em," Bril said. "But I've brought Adrian. Her name is Adrian Baggins- she came here on the road to adventure and glory!"

Adrian rolled her eyes, and Hruad smiled a little. "Adventure, Adrian? You look a little small to get tangled with things like that, if you don't mind my saying so."

She did mind, and let him know. She socked him in the knee, and he took a wobbled step backward, grunting in pain. "It's ridiculous for you to say anything like that! Too small! My brother was no bigger than I am, and he was the Ring Bearer! Us hobbits have changed the course of the world, and I am apprentice with the blade to Lord Aragorn, if you wanted to know."

"Astonishing credentials," Hruad remarked, rubbing his knee.

"We're on our way to Gondor!"

"And we are welcoming home our own heroes right now," Hruad answered, limping toward the courtyard. "Come with me if you want a good view of the specta- you surely are accustomed to sights like this though."

Adrian gritted her teeth a little and followed him.

Something slammed on one of the side doors, and the three of them turned their heads in surprise. The side door was bashed against again, and rocked on its hinges, only barely holding.

Bril hurried to open it, and a shadow fell into the room. The Ontor stepped in.

"I should have known," Hruad muttered through gritted teeth.

Bushbark followed Boulderhead in a second later.

"What are you two doing here?" Hruad asked. "And how did you get into the citadel?"

"Ambassadors license," Bushbark said with a grin.

"They took you for ambassadors?" Hruad asked in disbelief.

"They didn't have much choice in the matter," Boulderhead grunted, "if they didn't want to make a scene."

"Can I talk to you later?" Hruad asked. "Find a seat with Adrian and Bril and watch the parade."

"We've finished our journey . . ."

"I really have to go," Hruad said as trumpets blared outside. "The king is emerging now- talk to you later!"

He hurried out, and the others looked at each other.

"This way," Bril said, motioning them with one hand to some seats by a window.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 01-04-2003 at 09:52 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote