Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2002, 11:31 PM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh Coney! My brave hot dog! My husband has smoked for 30 plus years. When he tried to quit, He was awful to be around! We (the family) were actually relieved when he started again after four or five weeks (months? I can't remember) I think he needs to just keep trying, cause eventually he could do it. But I also think he's afraid to now. (fear of failure) Go to it, Coney!!! You will be a non-smoker someday! Today just might be the day!!!!Yea!! I'm ready to celebrate!
Now, DARE makes me mad, my first grader has come home with some DARE stuff already, he asks what D.A.R.E.spells (whatever they said, was about lord knows what, and apparently meaningless to him) and when I get to "D" (drugs), I say what??....medicine that make you feel good? Well that sounds dumb, that's what I tell him the medicine from the doctor will do. So...medicine that makes you feel bad? Well why would someone take medicine to feel bad?...Cause it makes you feel good? Geez, I do not even want to talk about such nonsense with my little darling. He's not ready!!! I wish they would back off, it's just too confusing.

I think they should have the awful commercials, like people talking with that artificial voice box after their larynx has be removed, Or show a person inhaling a cigarette through that hole in their neck that they use when something's been removed, or the people with the oxygen things on wheels in the grocery store cause they have emyphsema. If my kids ask me about this, I say it's cause the people smoked too many cigarettes. Could be a lie, but could be true!

Anduril, don't brag about your drug use, It's tacky!! Cheech and Chong? Everyone I ever saw shooting up heroin always immediately threw up. Looked pretty pathetic to me.

Last edited by Lizra : 11-11-2002 at 12:06 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote