Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2002, 09:25 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellon
But this requires the willingness to not question one’s perceptions. I ask again, what makes someone to be sure he has found God and not his own inner desire to find God? What evidence exists that discredits and nullifies all doubts?
All right, let me turn this same question back on you again. What would make you certain that you'd found God?

God doesn't have to speak to everyone in the way that he spoke to me. He blinded Paul in the Bible for three days, and spoke and acted to him in a powerful way that was verifiable; there were witnesses. This experience completely turned Paul's life around. As I said in my above post, he is willing to reach each person at their point of need. I heard God's voice through the Bible, it fulfilled my need, and I follow Christ. But God can work in another way in your life, if you are sincere about finding him.

God can perform miracles, or act in normal life. Things that aren't simply of the spiritual realm, but are apparent in real life. God will act at your point of need. Ask him to do something to prove his existence to you, and he will.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote