FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2002, 10:49 AM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Re: Iraq v's Scunthorpe United!!

Quote:
Originally posted by osszie

There has been a lot of talk about the UK being the US's lap-dog, Bush has now, by saying that he will go against the will of the UN if he feels it necessary, forced every country in the world to make a black and white decision. "Are you with us or against us?".......I think he will get quite a surprise how many are against him.
It's no secret that the world is not siding with us 100%. A lot of countries such as Saudi Arabia are playing both sides of the fence though.

It's your own countries decision as to whether they go to war with Iraq and stand by America. You have a choice - just like we have a choice in the matter. You have to take up your problems with your government if you think they are a bunch of lap dogs to the US. Sween obviously did - if he wrote a letter to Blair.

As has been stated repeatedly - our president reports to the American people, Congress reports to it's constiuents. The US is currently a member of the UN but we do not report to the UN. We went to them as the international community was screaming for - now we have to see what comes of it. Personally I don't think much will. When it all comes down to it - we may or may not support military action against Hussein.

Just because your country doesn't support it or understand America's stance - does not necessarily mean that we are wrong.

Looking at the foreign news sources - you hardly report all the discussion that is going on in the US concerning the possiblity with war on Iraq. I have noticed that the only thing that your news agencies report are the things that already support the general concensus. Until recently you basically left out Congress's role in the decision. People complain that America has very one sided reporting - but I have noticed it more with the reports coming out of international news agencies.

The feeling out here is different than what it is in England. My cousin the other day told me he has been considering dropping out of college to JOIN the army.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide