Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2002, 09:37 PM   #1
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel Middle Earth Recipes

OK, SGH has given me permission to restart this thread (thanks!). I made some lembas on Sunday in honor of Frodo & Bilbo's birthday, and did a couple things different from the original recipe posted by Tanoliel in the original thread. Here is the first recipe:

1/2 stick butter (unsalted)
1 cup oat flour or ground oats
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbl. oil
1 Tbl. honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 - 1/2 tsp. cloves or other spice of your choice
Directions: um...cream the butter and then throw everything else in...then knead it out with lots of flour as needed, roll out the dough, cut into rounds, and bake at 350 degrees for about ten minutes.

What I did was double the honey - this makes it a bit sweeter. Also salted butter works fine, I was scared to use it at first for fear that it might do something horrible! but it turned out perfectly. And I decided not to worry about grinding the oats since I have not been able to find oat flour anywhere, and I don't have an effective way to grind oats. So I just used a cup of Quaker oatmeal, which works nicely. So, by starting this thread I hope you guys will be inspired to get experimenting! I'm planning to try some stuff with mushrooms myself, which should be interesting...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."