Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2002, 07:26 AM   #11
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

You seem to be easily offended and quick to anger. I assumed that we were just engaged in a dialouge. Many people here disagree and can still carry on discussion without becoming flustered. I have never had any animosity towards you. If you read the post after the my last ninja you would see I was asking you an amicible query. Which you seemed to ignore. There are a few post here were I replied with, LOL or a eventhough we disagreed on if this thread should be closed.

Its like your comment in the kids thread.

Quote:
YOUR REMARKS DID NOT MENTIONS SPECIFICS THEY WERE OFFHANDED AND DIRISIVE OF THE ART AS A WHOLE
THIS IS UTTERLY FALSE I posted this on 7-30-2002

there are those that practice it as an art and it is just like any other martial art. .... then there are those that are flat off the wall and just plain foolish. talking about magic, levitation, being unpeneratable and other such mystic type hollabaloo. so some is real some is fake. depends who your instructor is i guess.

It's the latter that i'm truly leary of. Like people who buy books like " Ninja Magic

again I repeat

You also have also failed to see that there is a difference between dismissing out of hand or just saying something is bull and expressing doubt about certain historical, mythological and mystical aspects of ninjiutsu.

I quoted above that some is real.

You say : YOU'RE THE ONE WHO REPEATEDLY STATED YOU DIDN'T THINK IT WAS "REAL" AND THAT THE CLAIMS WERE FALSE

AE
Quote:
Ninjutsu ...umm I'm QUITE skeptical
This is a remark about ELFMASTER XK learning ninjitsu in England.
How am I insulting the art here?

Quote:
I'm not sure I believe you.
I did not say this WAYFARER did.

Here is what seemed to unbalanced you.
Quote:
Just because it is a licensed art by the Japanese Government does make it `real`
All I said was that SOLELY licensing does not make an art real. Here is the only state that is condesending. which i said :

All you have said is that it is recognized by the government and that there old scrolls with pictures

Yes that ONE was a rough remark.

Quote:
INFERANCE SHOULD FOLLOW ANYONE WHO INTERPRETS LANGUAGE FOR SPEECH.
From what I posted above you seem to have fallen prey to this yourself

Quote:
BECAUSE I'VE ATTEMPTED TO PASS ON GENUINE INFORMATION IN THE HOPES OF PIQUING INTEREST OF THOSE WHO INQUIRED ABOUT THIS IN THE BEGINNING
and I was sincerely asking for MORE info here:

Quote:
HE WHO KNOWS NOT AND KNOWS NOT THAT HE KNOWS NOT IS A FOOL, SHUN HIM
I guess will both agree about the other on this point.

again I say

Quote:
I assumed that we were just engaged in a dialouge. Many people here disagree and can still carry on discussion without becoming flustered. I have never had any animosity towards you.

Even NOW I have no ill will towards you. I am rather sad that you ran away becuase I thought that you were going to post some more information about the arts AND answer some non
ninja questions as I asked here:

Quote:
Spock you mention being 'OLD'. Is it over 50? Do you still train in Jujitsu?
But as they say in Japan "Zen Zen Mon Die Nigh"

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote