Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2002, 01:21 PM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Re: Oh Lizra...

Originally posted by Arathorn
Well, there's New Order, The Cure, Tears for Fears, The Lotus Eaters, Modern English, The Smiths, The Housemartins, The Care, Fra Lippo Lippi, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Lightning Seeds, Nik Kershaw, Xmal Deutschland, Devo, Soft Cell, General Public, Peter Schilling, Industry, Siouxie and the Banshees, OMD, China Crisis, Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, Big Country, Colorfield, Psychedelic Furs and a lot more... (whew)

Hmmm, my stuff's a little earlier, too bad, Though I have Devo of course. I remember seeing them at a club called Bogarts in Cinncinatti. I have lots of Ramones,Talking heads, Blondie, Patti Smith, Pretenders, Police, Sex Pistols, Clash, Lots of obscure ones, I can't place right now, all the rockabilly stuff of that first revival era, Straycats, Levi and the Rockcats, Cramps, Blasters, Race Records, Big Daddy Sun and the Outer Planets, Sleepy LaBeef, and on, This is just off the top of my head 25 years after the fact! I'm sure I'm leaving out some big ones!

I link your stuff more to The early MTV years. I remember lots of those bands from then. I really liked that over-produced Brit Techno pop like Big Country, ABC, Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Kajagoogoo sp?, Adam Ant, Culture Club, Morrisey, Simple Minds....enough! I loved that music.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote