Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2002, 09:55 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I am against it. Completely. Make up is not a necessity (anymore).

I wear make up on occasion, but I only buy products that aren't animal tested. Many big companies now (like Loreal) use a type of synthetic skin to test their products on. That's fine by me.
Fake skin - that was testable is very new - it's also still very expensive. As cost come down - that will be the standard way to test makeup and other products. Maybe even someday we'll be able to grow organs that we can do some initial medical testing before moving onto the animal testing.

Quote:

Don't put words in my mouth, JD.
I'm not putting words in your mouth. I said - "You seem to view everything that mankind does as being evil." It's just an observation I've made - whether you feel it's a right or wrong one - doesn't mean I was putting words in your mouth.

Quote:

I'm coming at this from a completely biological point of view. Remember, I'm not a big fan of the good vs evil concept... that suggests an ideological system that I don't subscribe to. First, and foremost, I swing towards science. Humans, in every sense of the word, are parasitic. That does not mean, however, that we are not capable of "good."
Well then by science - we have evolved into a parasitic creature - if you only look at it in scientific terms. And if we are parasitic - then every creature on earth - given the oppurtunity would be parasitic. Which in essence is true - we all live off of each other.
Quote:

And as you know, humans are responsible for more extinctions than any other factor.
I disagree with that. I don't think anyone can state one way or the other whether humans cause more extinctions than any other force. I think a lot of fanatical environmentalists would like people to believe we do however.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 09-04-2002 at 09:57 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote