Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2002, 11:38 PM   #1
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quotes and Chapter Titles

While I was watching Fellowship of the Ring, I caught some of the titles of chapters in the dialogue. I also noticed some quotes that were said by other people or at different places in the movies than in the books. Some that I noticed:

The intro: In the movie, Galadriel talks about the earth changing and that she can feel it in the water and everything. If I remember right, Treebeard said this somewhere.

Gandalf's little speech in Moria about "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. You must decide what to do with the time that is given you." (Forgive me, I'm quoting from memory) In the book, he tells Frodo that in the chapter "The Shadow of the Past."

When Gandalf arrives at Bilbo's house, he says something about "A long expected party."

After the party, he's back at Bilbo's house smoking and thinking and he mutters, "Riddles in the dark." (From The Hobbit)

"It was a shortcut." "A shortcut to what?" "Mushrooms!"

Does anyone have more? I'm sure I've missed some.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote