Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2002, 12:17 PM   #1
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

"I got it!" stories

YAY! I have watched the DVD once already! IT IS MINE! YAY! Sorry. Right now, I'm EXTREMELY tired, but still very hyper. I purchased the movie at Wal-Mart last...I mean early this morning. I was lucky to get it.

I went into the store at 11:57 pm. The shipments were already sitting on a display, to my great delight. I proceeded to the checkout, where the lady very nicely began to check out my ONE item. Then, disaster. Another cashier yelled across to my cashier, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WE CAN'T SELL LORD OF THE RINGS UNTIL MIDNIGHT! YOU HAVE TO ABORT THAT TRANSACTION IMMEADIATELY!" I looked at my watch. 11:59 at the earliest. I thought the yelling cashier would send the LOTR-prevention police at me, so to avoid conflict, I merely stepped back a place in line.
The man in front of me had 3 DVDs. (None of them LOTR) But they made him show ID twice. TWICE! I was getting rather impatient when I learned that shift changes were happening right then. The cashier very nicely checked me out before she left. YAY! So I got home and saw my movie very happily. I felt I had conquered the anti-DVD cashier.

Okay, that's my stupid story...any other, better, ones?
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote