Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2002, 04:56 PM   #11
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
Has anyone here read Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman? There's a girl in it who's mother named her 'Pippin Galadriel Moonchild.' Poor kid.
That would be Pepper, of the Them.

The middle name of a friend of mine is Arwen, and her sister's name is Galadriel. Apparently her mother's high school English tutor's teacher was the great man himself! Me jealous.

I just started reading this thread, so bear with this long post. Starr Polish mentioned her name was Allegra. Whenever I think of that name, I think neither of the allergy medicine nor of the musical term, but rather, I think of the ballerina with American Ballet Theater, the great Allegra Kent. So be proud, Starr Polish, to have the same name as that beautiful woman!

Earenya, I have the same name as you do, and I think Eruviel Greenleaf does as well.

You know, this generation's most common names are Katie, Elizabeth, Emily, Alex, John, Scott, etc. Our kids' generation's most common names will most likely be Feanor, Lorien, Varda, Tinuviel, Elanor, Rose, etc. That would be amusing. I think I'll go start an RPG along the lines of the off-topic posts about LotR kids...much fun. I think I want to legally change my name at some point (at least my middle name) to something Tolkienized. That would be fun.

And last but not least, my kitten's name is Arwen! Simply because I didn't want to name her Tinuviel and there is NO WAY that there is going to be another Galadriel in my house. (My nickname is Galadriel)

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!

Last edited by TinuvielChild : 08-10-2002 at 10:06 PM.
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote