Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2002, 04:55 PM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Soft teachers ruin things. I remember cutting half my senior year, yet graduating on senior honor role! Soft teachers gave me A's and B's cause I was intelligent and didn't cause trouble. When I got to college, I'd lost my study habits (if I ever had them after all that curve grading!) and struggled. I eventually dropped out. The soft teachers enjoyed being "popular" with the students, but did us no favors.
Yeah, and don't forget the teachers who don't give a rats arse. We have so many of them as well, since they stopped the zoning (area zones: my high school was one of the best in the area until they stopped the zoning!), and poor pay. I remember my second to last year there was spent protesting, and skipping class, because of teachers strikes. However, I will say this, my friends and associates fared much better at varsity in terms of grades, than my private schooled friends. Why? Because we were forced to do the yard work at high school cos the teachers just didn't care. Whereas the private schooled children had the so-called "soft-teachers."

Quote:
what do you mean my this? vocational training?
Yes. Something like that. My brother has severe dyslexia, and ADHD, and he's never fared very well at school. He eventually dropped out without taking any finals, so has no qualifications, and no hope of getting any, any time soon either.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 07-22-2002 at 04:56 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote