Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2002, 04:44 PM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Where did you get the "all terrorists" quote? Palestinian suicide bombers purposely set out to murder innocent civilians. The Israeli military, in contrast, targets military installations and government infrastructure, usually that was in some way involved with the bombing. Sometimes, tragically, civilians are accidental casualties of these justified operations. When this occurs, the world media blows it way out of proportion. The fact is, accidental innocent casualities are an unfortunate reality of any military operation. It happened all the time in the Afghanistan campaign, with another incident there happening just the other day.
That is simply not true. Yes, they targeted military intallations etc, but they also target civilians. Last week a rumour spread in Palestine that the curfew had been lifted - 24/7 locked up like dogs - and they went out and did some much needed food shopping. To date, they've only been let out of their homes twice. That's nearly a million people locked up - no school, no jobs, no exercise. Anyway, as a resultant of this "rumour" 6 people were killed, shot down. Two were children. This was on both BBC and CNN.

Furthermore: to every dead Israeli, is 3 dead Palestinians.

Quote:
Bush has got a point: people are either in favor of democracy, human rights, and freedom, or they are not. Someone who sympathizes with the Palestinians and bashes America is probably not someone who values liberty, justice, and equality over their own personal benefits.
Just because someone supports democracy - a bit of a rigged system, wouldn't you say? - doesn't mean it gives them an automatic pass on morality, etc. As far as I'm concerned, Israel is every bit as bad as Palestine, and to support those murderous brutes just because they're a democracy - oh and because they're jewish, and we wouldn't possibly want to get smeared with being anti-semitic - well, that's just crazy. And might I remind you that Arafat was voted in as well. And before you decry vote rigging, both the UN and EU were on hand to oversee the elections.

A final note, because I know these words will be misinterpreted by some hothead. Heck, I'll even use the caps lock. I SUPPORT NEITHER ISRAEL NOR PALESTINE. I sympathise with both, I see both sides of the story. And they are BOTH resolving the issues at hand in a bad manner.