Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2003, 01:48 PM   #1
Dr_Deranged
Sapling

* Some Amazing Insights into ROTK! *

Hi i've just come back from watching the movie, and it was the most amazing thing ever! Anyway, here are some of my insights:

- I thought it was really unfair when that lady Eomer killed the Witch-King of Angmar, what did he do to deserve this death? Anyway, at least he got his own back and killed that stupid old man Theoden.

- The bit where the orc boats land onto osgiliath and you see that deformed pink orc, well i thought that was the most touching part of the movie and i cried so much when they showed his deformed club hand and his face. By the time we see him again shouting orders to the orcs on the Pelennor Fields, I was drowning in tears; for here he was shouting orders. I was totally taken aback by this and i didn't expect it - some people behind me however, didn't seem to share my emotions, and they told me to stop making so much noise.

- Why did Denethor not kill Pippin when he had the chance? If i was Denethor i would have stabbed him when he wasn't looking.

- Generally, i thought the computer graphics were pretty sub par. The silly Gollum character was so obviously a puppet. I tried telling this to the person sitting next to me, but he told me to shut up and watch the movie.

- I think the ending was excellent, but the problem was I fell into a loud fit of cough from the Grey Havens onwards, im not sure why all the audience were giving me dirty looks at the end - probably typical Tolkien nerd behaviour.

Anyway, except fot the few quirks ive mentioned,it is a very well done movie and Ian Mckellen's portrayal of Saruman is especially well done. Tell me what you think.