Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

TRANSFORMERS: the movie

Well I saw Transformers on opening day. It was Amazing. Absolutely. Awesome. It makes me want to work my way through the alphabet. Has anyone else seen it? Reactions? Did you like the comics/tv series/toys? I was a big aftenoon tv series fan as well as having tons of them to use in games
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
orithil
Captain Jack

I did see it and rather enjoyed it the only bit i didnt like was that predictable line "I'll drive you shoot" (anyone who has seen the movie will know what i mean) anywho enjoyable movie lots of action and was very dramatic and not cheesy at all like some OVER dramatic movies can be.
All in all i give this movie a 8/10

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
orithil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I LOVED IT!!! It stood up to my expections. I loved the show and i think i played with the transformers toys more then i played with the barbies my parents would buy me.

I give it a 10 out of 10 and resereved a spot in my dvd collection for it.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:26 PM   #4
XRogue
Elven Warrior

Thanks for the review, I was thinking of going to see Transformers this weekend. Now I'm sure of it.

Guess this is what I get for being a child of the 80's.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #5
katya
Elven Maiden

I may go see this tonight. The bf wants to, I don't mind if there's popcorn involved. I wonder, will I like it even if I don't really care about the Transformers themselves? Is it that good? That would be neat.

i don't remember if i watched Transformers or not... I know I watched Beast Wars a little later though, haha. Ah, that Beast Wars...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 AM   #6
XRogue
Elven Warrior

I did see it, on Friday, and I liked it, in spite of knowing just 2 things about the Transformers prior to the film: the names of the 2 opposing sides, and the names of the respective leaders.

Decent popcorn flick, fair to good acting, nice plot and delightful SFX. Do go see it, katya.

Oh, and a small LOTR-film reference, Hugo Weaving provided the voice for Megatron.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #7
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRogue
Decent popcorn flick, fair to good acting, nice plot and delightful SFX. Do go see it, katya.
Saw it, pretty much agree with this. Decent fun night at the movies but nothing spectacular.

There were some parts where it was kind of weak or silly but I was totally into the boys' action cartoon type plot. Because I'm nerdy like that.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
Acalewia

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRogue
Thanks for the review, I was thinking of going to see Transformers this weekend. Now I'm sure of it.

Guess this is what I get for being a child of the 80's.
I hear ya there lol
I went to see it just because I only had every toy and movie growing up lol

I knew Hugo Weaving supplied the voice to someone but I didn't know who until i stayed for the credits the second time

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:45 PM   #9
Nautipus
Kraken King

Somehow I skipped over this thread. I saw the movie, thought it was really good, and will probably buy the DVD. I really loved how absolutely innocent the Autobots were, it was great!

My favorite character, though, was Blackout. He was just cool.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #10
BeardofPants
the Shrike

It was a pretty good movie. Saw it when we were in Hong Kong (seemed like the right thing to do). Pretty awkward moments a'plenty though when they were going on about how the attacks were probably from teh evil chinese or russians. We were the only white people in the cinema ... everyone else was an evil chinese HK'er. Lol.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #11
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

This one was a pretty good movie. With this movie, what I got is more than I expected. I expected it to be an overuse of CG and things like that. And yeah, there's some CG in it, but it's there to make the necessary things in the battles possible.

What I did find a little...surreal (and odd)...is that the one transformer said "Oops, my bad." That was definitely sort of...uncharacteristic of a battle bot out to save life in the universe. And the beginning of the movie almost seemed like one of those teen comedy movies which kinda made it move slowly at first, but hey, even that worked for the movie. My girlfriend Amy said that a lot of it was quite cliche and some of the themes are overdone or something like that. And yeah, I guess when it comes to a robot saying "oops, my bad", that is a little weird. But one thing's for sure, I certainly didn't expect the robot guy to say "my bad". So that took me by surprise.
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #12
Acalewia

They did learn "Earth's Languages through the World Wide Web" Which explains Jazz's "check it out" and "This looks like a great place to kick it". I think he was watching too many Dirty Harry movies Actually Optimus' "my bad" struck me as funny due to it being unexpected, esp coming from him as the leader of the Autobots

I have spent way too much money on this movie.

Speaking of spending money, It comes to dvd on Oct 16th

Old 10-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #13
YayGollum
Enting

Location: A place called Fort Myers. In the evil state of Florida, a part of the United States Of America, of North America, Earth, Sol system.
Hm? Was I the only one who didn't like it? oh well. I grew up on the cartoons and muchly enjoyed them. Sure, I expected to be disappointed, but I didn't think that it would be this bad. What was with all of those boring human characters? The old stories that I remember didn't have very many important humans. I expected the Transformers to be the main characters. Optimus Prime versus Megatron. Starscream stealing the show. As a matter of course, I did like Megatron's line towards Starscream, then the facts that Starscream was superly scary and got to fly away at the end. Also, the idea of Megatron as the father of lots of technology on Earth. Other than that, it merely seemed like a way to play off of my weakness for nostalgia just to grab some money from me. What was with making Megatron look so monstrous? I always liked how he seemed like one of the more human-looking dudes. oh well.

- Myself
YayGollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
Acalewia

That line towards Starscream was Megatron's favorite thing to say to him.

Did anyone else notice that Barricade(the cop car) was unaccounted for. The last we see of him is on the highway right before Bonecrusher and Optimus go head to head

Who's going to lead the Decpticons in the sequel? They planning on bring back Megatron?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #15
Nautipus
Kraken King

I think they are
I heard that they may have Scorpio in it

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM   #16
Acalewia

Cool!
Can't wait! I hope its as great as the first and why the hell am I already talking about the sequel?