Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-23-2002, 01:46 PM   #1
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Who Sings This?

Who sings the following song, and what is it called?

I tried so hard to get so far and in the end it doesn't even matter, I tried too hard to lift it up and in the end it doesn't even matter.
Old 02-23-2002, 09:57 PM   #2
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

LINKIN PARK!!!!! They are one of the best groups ever! The song is called "In the End". Aragorn really likes them too.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:27 PM   #3
Darth Tater
The man

Actually I don't think Aragorn would really like that sorta music. He's more for the Howard Shore style methinks
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:46 PM   #4
galadriel88

Ahem.

[URL=http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2421&highlight=Linkin+P ark[/URL]

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 02-23-2002, 11:48 PM   #5
galadriel88

OK, that messed up...

Just do a search in this forum for Linkin Park and click on the last link, K?

Old 02-24-2002, 03:28 AM   #6
ryan
t2t relic

Linkin park, ugh. Disgrace Their music sounds like britney spears with more guitars and eminem.
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 01:08 PM   #7
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

There's no accounting for taste, or lack thereof, Ryan.

I find Britney Spears and her music repulsive. Meh :P

Guess what? An hour after I posted this, I was watching VH1 and this video came on. As did Puddle of Mud's "blurry", another song I was trying to find. Yay!
Old 02-25-2002, 07:22 PM   #8
Eowyn, The Lioness
Enting

Puddle of Mud?

I'm really into music, but I don't think I've heard of them. What kind of music do they do?
And I happen to like Linkin Park once and a while. Their CD is OK, but I wouldn't spend $20 on it. I like that song, though.
Eowyn, The Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 09:38 PM   #9
galadriel88

You buy CD's for $20? He he, I just got to Wal - Mart where they only cost $14!

Old 02-26-2002, 02:23 AM   #10
ryan
t2t relic

walmart is bad, they censor their CDs. Only good for poppy stuff like britney spears or linkin park, that don't use 'inappropriate' language. If your paying $20 for CDS, try buying off of CDNow or amazon.com, they're a lot cheaper *especially if bought in more than one*
into my pockets
my pockets, the pockets
of Ryan, Ryan, he who
will deliver the money
unto me. Then you will
truley be happy."
And the people followed, and all was well." --Ryan 62:33
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 06:39 AM   #11
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

HAHAHA you certainly wouldn't find cannible corpse cds in walmart (we don't have em in oz yippee) i can't even mention some of the song titles because all that would come up is a lot of asterisks heehee! but i hate cannible corpse anyway carcass are much better

but as you said re: linkin park - it's all about taste or lack thereof *stifles laugh*
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 08:39 PM   #12
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

I'm actually far more into jazz and classical, rather than pop. Probably comes from being a band and choir freak/nerd. My teachers are really serious, and they pick good music for the most part.

Except for Ching a Ring Chaw XP Yuck. I hated singing that song.

O magnum mysterium et admirable sacramentus or somethig like that.

it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..dowop doowop doowop doowap daaah.
Old 02-28-2002, 10:07 PM   #13
galadriel88

I'm getting to where I like some big band, jazz, celtic, & concert music. We're working on some great pieces in band right now in preparation for our Spring Concert in April.

Old 02-28-2002, 10:18 PM   #14
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Celtic music is good too...there was one group, called the Mediaeval Baebes that sang some amazing celtic (ish) songs...I should have bought the CD.

I love swing and blues jazz...Ahh...I'm in jazz choir, and we're singing a big band song, a latin jazz song (an old Julio Iglesias tune) and a blues song called Swing street. I perform tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:22 PM   #15
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I have this Funny (if persistent) mental picture of Sauron (vocalist/guitar), Saruman (bass guitar), and the Balrog (drums) singing that song. Somehow I think it fits with the whole (supreme evil being who gets wasted at last) motif. I also have this image of Morgoth reclining against the doors of night and bobbing his head to the music.

Anyway... ]: )
Old 02-28-2002, 10:27 PM   #16
galadriel88

Which song? In the End?

Old 03-08-2002, 02:37 PM   #17
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Starr Polish
Celtic music is good too...there was one group, called the Mediaeval Baebes that sang some amazing celtic (ish) songs...I should have bought the CD.
Sorry to interupt the above conversation, but have the celtic music fans on this thread listened to any Loreena McKennitt? Especially "The Visit". By far her best album (especially for any Anne of Green Gables/A.Tennyson fans, who have fallen in love with "The Lady of Shalott") I mean, Enya is good, but LMcK is...is...ethereal. There. Use that word at the dinner table, and impress your parents.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 02:48 PM   #18
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

As an aside, I think that it's much easier to listen to Celtic music when it's raining outside. Kind of like today----Stop! Hold the phone! I just looked out my window, and it's snowing! that's not s'pose to happen!

NEway, rain, or at least cloudy. For some reason my mind can't reconcile sun and Celtic music.

Wow, I think i'm going to go take a walk.

*Crickhollowhumstoherself* "I'm dreaming of a white....Easter..."
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 04:08 PM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I love Celtic music And I love Linkin Park, too. I think I have a wide variety of music tastes. But, I'm not really into jazz...
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 03:52 AM   #20
galadriel88

I love to sleep when it rains. And listen to Celtic music. But if it rains on a Saturday, don't expect me to get any work done - I just can't! If it rains during the day on a Saturday, I get so lazy. I don't wanna do my laundry, or walk the dog, or anything! But I love it when it rains at night - helps me sleep. Isn't all that weird?