Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #1
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Discussion Thread no 6 of Nazgul-Kings.

Today is my last day on the Moot, so the last thing I can do is to leave a place where our once happy and close-knit group can interact.

Perhaps some wisdom can be reached, who knows.

And what I try to tell: don't hurt other people feelings.

I know, I am not too good at it myself. Sure I am not. But almost everything can be settled, can't it?

Just remember - people react differently. (Thanks, Rian for your time to explain it to me. I got it.) And if some may quarrel to death and then forget it the next day in the Teacup caffee, the others are far less tolerant. Some may treaten to leave a dozen times and then remain, the others leave once and for all.

And leaving people take away quite a lot, more than you can imagine. When Rian left, I missed her terribly though we never have been buddies. Now there are so many to miss it just hurts too much.

Perhaps if there were groups of people who started to feel uncomfortable together, it would have been better to split the game than to quarrel and quarrel and to crush it?

Sane, I am not accusing you personally, but you have contributed. Some others too. I have, myself, Morgoth forgive me. And I am so sorry.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:40 PM   #2
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Crazy Squirrel, can I just ask you, please, please think about not leaving the whole entire moot, please. Remember Fellowship? That still exists, and all of us said we'd never let it die just because Of Wraiths started up, remember? But we did, and I think we ought to think about bringing it back to life, and TD does, too. I am begging you, Crazy Squirrel, and I do hate to either A. beg, or B. apologise, but I will do both, just please, do not leave the entire moot. If it might feel better too rest it out for a week, or two, or whatever, I understand; that's what I feel like doing anyway. The ending of this RPG hurts way more than I imagined it ever would, and I, too, need to take a break from Entmoot for a bit, but I will not leave Entmoot entirely. Oh, please, just don't leave, Crazy Squirrel!! I wish Gordie were here so I could beg her not to leave, too. I think she said the same as you, that she'd leave the whole Entmoot. What is going ON! Please, all the stuff aside, just don't leave for good.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'm reading all these posts but can't post back yet ... I'm just too sad and upset, and am not sure what to say ... I'll just say, for now, to CS - I so appreciated our discussion - it was difficult, but so good, and I thank you so much for PMing me and hanging in there through my awkward and not-too-talented attempts to express my thoughts and feelings. Your PM was one of the highlights of my experience here, because of the kindness behind it. The stories were great! fabulous! funny! sad! amazing! and everything else, but for me, they're nothing compared to the people behind them. And thru those PMs, I got to see some of who you are - and that's priceless. Thanks so much and I sincerely hope you don't leave Entmoot. I've seen some of your posts on other threads, and although I often disagree, I think they're intelligent and valuable contributions to the Entmoot community.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

You see, Lotesse, I have been here for the RPG. All the rest was just while waiting for someone to post, or waiting for a comment on my post. I will not stand the Moot without our game.

And I am also fed up. How many times did I say I wanted a fight in Tharbad? Serenoli said the same. Perhaps you did also, I don't remember anymore. And what? Nobody took heed of our wishes. As if we mattered less than nothing.
And I also took part in the original planning of the raid and wanted some fun from it for me and for others.

We have tried to discuss and to come to an agreement on this plotline -there was vivid discussion and Rian got hurt in the process (Sorry, Rian!) Val remained silent, as befits the High King he is.

No agreement was reached, the matter was in suspense. And then Sane and LMM played it exactly as THEY wanted - taking the fight far away from Tharbad, leaving our characters out, using supersonic horses, olfactory wonders etc, talking bird-messengers (what man in all the Tolkien's writings ever had a talking birdie? - even Gandalf the maia didn't have one, only Radagast and Saruman. Aragorn would have sold his soul to have one!). Well, why repeat, Udu has summarised it pretty well in his sarcastic post that has exasperated our Lady M so much..

Is it normal, you think?

When Gordis tried to reason, they called it "nitpicking" and disregarded it.
And it was a constant "Don't nitpick, lest Sane quits". Don't you think it was frustrating? Sure, Gor felt fed up and left. Especially after some "diplomatic" personal kicks that Lady M has edited since (not too proud of it, Lady M? ) - I have seen the original now and I know why people left.

And now I learn that they are the only ones to continue...

No, sorry, I am leaving.

So, all this was not your fault, not at all, Lotesse. I will miss you. and you, Rian.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I dont know if she is not proud of it. More like tired of being bitched at. And it wasnt smelling, which i found funny but actually sight. Oh screw this and the lot of you, this isnt worth my frustration. Good luck and goodbye.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

re the birds - just off the top of my head: Gandalf spoke to Gwaihir in LOTR, Thorondor spoke to Turgon in the Sil, and even in the Hobbit, certain people could talk to birds. And Viv had Lomi in our RPG, so what's the big deal with Maggie's bird messenger?

No one here is the big bad guy, we've all blown it in various ways.

Personally, I think we could all take a week or two off, cool down, and then come back - IF we agree to run major plots by the others like several have suggested. But maybe it's just better to have it die. Maybe the premise was just unworkable.

but I had such a good line all planned out for Rian! Lotesse, I bet you would have loved it!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 02-24-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Closed Thread