Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-17-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

The Entmoot Gift Exchange

What would you like to get your fellow Mooters for Christmas? You can give and receive as many gifts as you like. I think it goes without saying that we should be nice - don't give presents that make fun of people in mean ways. A little good-natured teasing is fine, or you can give a gift that expresses friendship, is useful, or etc.

There is to be no spam in this thread. If you spam, you get coal, because we would risk having the Gift Exchange closed, and delightful young children would cry. And we don't want that now, do we? As further punishment for spamming, your custom title will be changed to "The Grinch Who Ruined the Gift Exchange" for the duration of the holiday season.

Gifts don't have to be Christmas gifts - they can be for Channuka, or even non-gift giving events like Kwanzaa, Ramadan, New Years, or because your fellow Mooters are mad spiffy.

To start off, I would like to present SGH with this Stick of Wrath Care Kit:
(Contains Turtle Wax, buffing cloth, and varnish.)

Merry Christmas SGH!

EDIT: I'm copying part of another post here, because come might find it handy...

You too can be a jpeg master!

I use Google to find spiffy pictures. They can be edited with Microsoft Paint, or a more advanced photo editing program if you have one (I don't).

When you're finished, upload it to an online photo hosting place, such as Photobucket. Now the image has its own URL, leading to its unique location on the internet. In your post, surround the url with Image tags, like this:
[IMG]image url here[/IMG]

ex. (quote post to see example)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 12-17-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 11:50 AM   #2
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Oh Nurv, it's lovely. The stick certianly needs some care and touch ups. It has gone through a lot these past few years. It's just full of rough spots and chips from all those whaps. Why, I had to pick Rians hair off of it the other day, and a piece of cloth from BoP's pants.

Watch out Mooters. The stick has been restored and is like new, thanks to my good buddy, Nurv.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:03 PM   #3
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Yay! I'm glad you like your gift. Is there any Mooter you would like to give a present to? (And I'm not hinting it should be me. )

I have a gift for EarthBound:

Merry Christmas buddy!

Incidentally, you don't have to have a picture of your gift, you could just say "I have a keg for EarthBound" or something.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 12-17-2004, 12:11 PM   #4
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I would like to present JD with the DVD "Fahrenheit 911" and it comes wrapped in a big French flag.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 12-17-2004, 12:16 PM   #5
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

lol!!!

I would like to present JD with a microwave, where the DVD can be stored, and then the microwave could accidentally be turned on...

Okay, I'm going to let other people go. Post good Mooters, post! Isn't there a special someone you would like to give a present to?
Quote:
Old 12-17-2004, 01:25 PM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Hmmm....I would like to give Anduril an upper body massage...with frangipani oil. I would like to give BoP a large chest of drawers...for her many PANTS.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Incidentally, you don't have to have a picture of your gift, you could just say "I have a keg for EarthBound" or something.
In that case... Here is a set of hand-painted tea cups and platters specially designed for you with the words in nice writing: "The Teacup Cafe".

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:20 PM   #8
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I think we cross-posted before there Merry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
In that case... Here is a set of hand-painted tea cups and platters specially designed for you with the words in nice writing: "The Teacup Cafe".
*unwraps* Ooooh pretty! They will be kept in the china cabinet along with that cool mask I got in an Entmoot award, and our mint copies of first press works of Tolkien.

Ri, don't worry, you too can be a jpeg master! I use google to find spiffy pictures. They can be edited with Microsoft Paint, or a more advanced photo editing program if you have one (I don't).

When you're finished, upload it to an online photo hosting place, such as Photobucket. Now the image has its own URL, leading to its unique location on the internet. In your post, surround the url with Image tags, like this:
[IMG]image url here[/IMG]

ex. (quote post to see example)

For Ri, I present... a giant rubber stamp which says R*an, to edit posts that don't have her full I accented name. Ink not included. Mwehehe
Quote:

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 12-17-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:44 PM   #9
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

For Merry, I have a strongbox to keep the potstickers away from people who might try to steal them. Um... not that I know any...

Here's a close-up of the lock:
Quote:
Old 12-20-2004, 09:01 AM   #10
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
I have a gift for EarthBound:

Merry Christmas buddy!

Wow....this will really help me at work...I mean home......"burp".

I've a got a T-shirt for you, Nurv, it reads,"Shimber Me Timbers".....don't know what it means but I associate the Timbers with you "Forestry-Types". If you don't like it you can consider it an 'upscale' rag for cleaning your stick with.

Merry Christmas!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
EarthBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:19 PM   #11
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Since I've won the Entmoot Lottery Great Prize of One Million Entmoot Dollars I hereby give all 'Mooters a plasma hdtv, dvd-recorder with built harddisc, a six-pack of your favo beer and some snacks and to top it all off: Chose your favo movie.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 04:26 PM   #12
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

I want to give Grey_Wolf a round trip plane ticket to beautiful Akron, Ohio, to visit Inventure Place, the National Inventors Hall of Fame. Because I can't get them to contact him.

Merry Christmas!!!

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 12-17-2004, 04:40 PM   #13
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Golden Hair
I want to give Grey_Wolf a round trip plane ticket to beautiful Akron, Ohio, to visit Inventure Place, the National Inventors Hall of Fame. Because I can't get them to contact him.

Merry Christmas!!!
Thank you very much.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:06 AM   #14
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Since I've won the Entmoot Lottery Great Prize of One Million Entmoot Dollars I hereby give all 'Mooters a plasma hdtv, dvd-recorder with built harddisc, a six-pack of your favo beer and some snacks and to top it all off: Chose your favo movie.
*Hoping that you've had a terrific christmas and an even more terrific New Year's Celebration.*

Yet again. I wish all of you A Happy New Year.