Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #1
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Favorite Bad Guys (NEWBIE-FRIENDLY THREAD)

I thought that we had a favourite characters thread so why not have one about our favourite bad guys.

Mine is either Gollum or Saruman.
Gollum because I love the conversations he has with himself and the way he talks.
Saruman because he is the perfect fallen hero but you still get glances of his power and majesty.

What do you guys think.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 01:42 PM   #2
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

The Balrog!!! (winged or wingless) He has cool that he'll never use.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:27 PM   #3
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

My favorite has to be third ring wraith to the left. That guy was super cool and I felt that he aslo had a gentler side. Im sure he loved hsi garen and in a way I felt bad that he would never see it again... (sniffle)
Old 08-25-2004, 07:25 PM   #4
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

Gandalf Favorite Bad Guy

It is difficult for me to choose one bad guy as a favorite. If he were more visible to the reader, I would choose Sauron. From the remaining characters, I will choose Sauruman (AKA Auruman ).

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #5
Haradrim

I never like Sauruman. I dont know why. Its just one of those thing syou just cant explain....
Old 08-26-2004, 02:50 AM   #6
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

I agree with mithrand1r, 'Auruman was the best bad guy, not because of his personality, but more because of his hair-do. Nobody does thick and bushy hair like Sauruman (save maybe Sam the bushman, or Aragorn of the No-Pants, or good ol' melodramatic-milk-the-cow-while-you-talk Gandalf). I just wish 'Auruman could have had a nice conversation with Seleborn, and then we all would have had a good laugh. ... Or anyway those that know what the heck I'm talking about would.
Old 08-26-2004, 04:24 AM   #7
Haradrim

well if this was the hobbit section it would be Smaug but since I am limited to LOTR books I will have to go with Grond the siege weapn. I think he should count
Old 08-29-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
katya
Elven Maiden

I'm going to go with Melkor. Totally bad-ass. Yeah, I guess I didn't really like any others. I liked the good guys better (*warm and fuzzy feelings*).
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #9
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Nazgul

My favourite evil character is probably The Mouth of Sauron.Bacause he is cool in an evil way.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
Morgoth the Elfbit
Hobbit

Location: I split my time between Mordor and your Imagination
I have to change my previous answer as Haradrim. My favorite baddie has to bve Shagrat. I like all the small evil characters. Shagrat, Gothmog. Not much is known about them but to me they just seem cool... in a cool sortof way.

Here is my permanent apology for off-topicing. If I do it, which i will, I am sorry. I feel bad about it but being an elfbit messes with your head and things get wonky so spamming is almost inevitable. There will be good replys but for when I do off-topic I am deeply sorry.

Offical title: Morgoth the Elfbit: Un-Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

At Your Service.... BOW TO ME!

Miranda Otto is hot!

I Kinda Like Feanor.... (meep)
Morgoth the Elfbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

oh oh! mine is Sauron! I have several fina fiction stories in the works involoving him! I love most all "bad" guys! (with the exception of Melkor)
Arien the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote