Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash

i didn't see any thread on them and Bob Dylan was one of the greatest songwriters of all time and Johnny Cash is a legend i am a big fan of both of them and i really loved the movie Walk The Line!I'm sure there are fans out there
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I like some of Dylan's stuff (actually alot) but he is a suck performer imo. Visually, the guy is as interesting as dirt. We saw him in 91 or something....we really were keen on catching his opener, Steve Earl...."Copperhead Road" has just busted out and we were excited. Of course, we stuck around for Dylan, but he was so dead panned boring we had to walk. I guess he saves all his excitement for his wonderful poetry.
I'll take Springsteen....same intense poetry, but what a showman! I must admit though, after 4 or 5 months of the "E-street" (all Springsteen) channel on Sirius, I'm pretty burn't out on the dude.

I can't go see that Cash movie...Johnny and June were real, and walking around not too long ago. I think the family jumped the gun on that. I hope it wasn't all about cash.....
Old 03-28-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Those two will never come again. JC walked the walk and talked the talk. BD was (back then) flying in the ether and bringing it home to us all.
Old 03-29-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
favorite song Bob Dylan-Only A Pawn In There Game and The Times They Are A-Changin' Johnny Cash-Jackson And Folsom Prison Blues
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 07-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #5
b.banner
Elf Lord

looks like Bob Dylan is releasing a new album first one since 2001

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 07-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Dylan's autobiography was excerpted a few months back in Newsweek and was very interesting. I'd like to read the whole thing.

There was a program on PBS last month about him which I forgot was on and so forgot also to record . Did anyone see it?
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #7
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizra
I can't go see that Cash movie...Johnny and June were real, and walking around not too long ago. I think the family jumped the gun on that. I hope it wasn't all about cash.....
The film was in the works before they died you know.

Johnny and June approved it. In fact, Joaquin Phoenix met Johnny, and it turns out he was a big fan of Joaquin's performance in Gladiator.