Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

What Are Your Hobbies?

I'm curious to know! What do other 'mooters do in their spare time?

I write, play the piano, listen to new artists and try analyze their voices, surf the net, and spend lots of time with my needy dog .

Last edited by Tessar : 07-18-2007 at 12:37 PM.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

I like to cook, clean, (yes, clean) sew, crochet, read palms and tarot, go out on the motorcycle, spend a lot of time with my needy pets, my ducks and cat, I also like to paint and draw, do tattoos, (which I havent done in far to long) listen to a lot of metal music, and take photographs.
I used to watch movies all the time, but not so much nowadays.
I would like to do more things but havent the time.
(like play guitar more! Amongst other things.)

Whoo-hoo! 1st reply!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I read, right now primarily Gene Wolfe, Shusaku Endo, and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I listen to music, especially Edith Piaf and Alessandro Moreschi.

I watch film, having a penchant for arthouse, independent, and foreign film, but also enjoying more mainstream media.

I drink tea, and smoke cigarettes and pipe.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #4
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ooooh, you do tattoos, Missy C.? Tell us moooooore. Inquiring minds want to know. >.>

And Gwai--what kinds of tea do you like? I personally love herbal teas, and some of the breakfast teas, but those I drink with milk.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:43 PM   #5
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

Ehm. I used to smoke ciggarettes. I cant stand even the smell anymore. It is a terrible pastime!

Yeah, tattoos are fun! I did my first one on myself
Some coverups and some my own artwork. Its something I would like to get into more often, its a nice way of expression, for both people!

Im slowly designing my next one, because its going to be massive... Ouch
Old 07-18-2007, 08:04 PM   #6
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I collect coke bottles. Not in a serious way. Just a fun thing. I have many different designs from the past several years (probably nothing older than 2002) I also have a bottle from Israel and Great Britain. Completely worthless, but fun. :P

I used to collect coins - not so much anymore, but I have a nice collection from years ago. I still collect the state quarters and now I'm doing the president dollars.

I enjoy movies and TV. Used to be a musician, but I haven't played in over a year.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #7
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
Ooooh, you do tattoos, Missy C.? Tell us moooooore. Inquiring minds want to know. >.>

And Gwai--what kinds of tea do you like? I personally love herbal teas, and some of the breakfast teas, but those I drink with milk.
I tend to like flavoured black teas, like Earl Grey, and even more Lady Grey, and I love anything with Jasmine (and not just tea!). I do like some herbal teas, being quite partial to camomile, especially just before bed. I don't tend to like green teas that one can buy in supermarkets, but my college room-mate is something of a Orientophile, and his girlfriend is even more of one, and when they go to Chinese markets, they get some green teas that I really like.

I don't care for the smell of most cigarettes either, Cass. I only buy premium ones that actually taste and smell good. Camel filters and the like literally make me gag. I don't smoke very much, rarely more than four a day.

I also like to clean, by the way; didn't mention that, but I love to spend a Saturday morning/afternoon tidying up my room. I also like to go hiking, and to soak in natural hot springs.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 07-20-2007 at 11:54 AM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I don't care for the smell of most cigarettes either, Cass. I only buy premium ones that actually taste and smell good. Camel filters and the like literally make me gag. I don't smoke very much, rarely more than four a day.

I also like to clean, by the way; didn't mention that, but I love to spend a Saturday morning/afternoon tidying up my room. I also like to go hiking, and to soak in natural hot springs.
I used to buy Djarums, I think thats the correct spelling, they come in clove and vanilla. (maybe others too, but those are the only two I have tried.)
I really liked them. The blacks are rolled in black papers. They look and taste pretty unique. Here is their website, all about how they are made and what goes in them.

Djarum Website

As for regular cigarrettes, I hate the smell. What types of premium cigs to you like? I really do enjoy cleaning, my house was such a mess when I first moved in (thanks to the previous renters...) and I spent a whole week tidying up! It was terrible. The yard work still has to be done. I didnt mind though, I have always been particular about my surroundings. Sometimes I think its a mild form of OCD, I clean everyday.
thats a big secret most people dont know about me...
Keep it on the DL...